Quark news

Local indie psych-rockers Quark have been laying low for a while -- partially because bassist Pat Lamothe has had his hands full with his other band, Kiss Kiss. John Cipriano (keys) wrote in with an update:

"We're in the studio right nowrecording a demo/ep of sorts, and it's coming along pretty nicely. We'll probablybe done with it by the 20th. It's pretty exciting... I moved my rhodes and my piano down to Shelton (Dan Franko's doing it, if you know him, I hope I spelled his name right). Plus we've got some friends of ours to play violin, cello, and trumpet.

"I was very sad to hear that Jackie McLean passed, especially since I went to the Hartt School for a while. It was nice that you mentioned him. I was also a big Silent Groove fan... all things must pass, I suppose. I sort of wish I'd stayed on in Hartford, the variety of music is pretty amazing (although I don't need to tell *you* that)."

I'm really looking forward to the e.p. -- check out their website for updates. If you're new to Quark, you can check out their tunes on their website, too.

No comments: