Damn! Has it really been a week?

Dude! Sorry about the recent lack of activity over here at Local Commotion. You'll have to forgive me -- it's because this past week was my birthday, and, well, I really hooped it up. :)

Of course, there's tons of news that needs posting, but for now, allow me to toot my own horn over the fact that I just had my first band interview published in Clamor Magazine. It's with the Long Island-based hardcore band Cipher, and the folks at Clamor did a wonderful job with the layout. I'm so psyched!



1 comment:

Dan said...

HA! Who ripped who? :P

Naw, just kidding -- I was pretty shameless about copping that. What can I say -- it's a great name!

I'm a big fan of musicians who can put intelligent political ideas into music. There are A LOT of hacks out there. (Man, even a lot of Rage's old shit sounds pretty weak/ineffectual to me these days. Although I still think "Battle of Los Angeles" was their strongest and most underrated album ever.)

That's why I was amped about these guys. They mix together the mosh parts and technical playing that are usually separated these days. And the lyric book is a fucking college course!