New Sling Slang Signings

From local asskickingly-good indie DIY label Sling Slang records' homepage:

Sling Slang will soon be adding Lost in Ashford, Final Fall and Moon Halo, Omega Vague, Dharma Brown and Lisa Lawrence to the Label. More info. to follow.

I reviewed Final Fall a while ago -- they were a two-piece alterna-folk duo that has since become a three-piece. They're young, but I would keep my eyes on them if I were you. I think they could evolve into something really cool.

And Dharma Brown -- I got a CD from them a while ago and have been trying to track them down live ever since. More great alternative.

The other new additions, I'll have to investigate!


UPDATE 2/20/06: I AM A BIG FAT FUCKING LIAR
I have totally heard Lisa Lawrence before, and she was excellent!
I saw her play at Peaberry's in Simsbury (cool coffeeshop, reminiscent of Javapalooza in Middletown but without the Wesleyan crowd, which is a loss in my opinion). She and Pete Serge threw down pretty awesome sets. All I can say is, now that it finally clicked, I'm glad to see her on Sling Slang!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

dude, your a dumbass. This site is to support local original music, not to bash it down for some lame ass cover bands who obviously do not have the ability to write original music. Or they have written originals and no one out there thinks it is any good so they continue to copy other bands that have written quality music because they can't do it themselves.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

While I think some good points have been made here about local cover band talent cum bars, I object to the constant specter of man boobs being raised by Sugarfist. You, sirs, are overweight! I consider you morbidly obese! Furthermore, no one wants to sit near you at la playa ("the beach", if you will) and even fewer dare seek shelter from the sun underneath thine dewy, sweat-embossed teat.

Anonymous said...

www.mercworks.net FOR THE WIN. K?

Anonymous said...

why did a post about a label that supports and only includes original bands turn into a message board about cover bands and other crap. let's be positive and supportive, we are all musicians no matter what we play

Anonymous said...

HEY

what is with this COCK SMOKER

there are so many good Original bands in ct its not even funny(sugarfits,i,moonhalo,circus of dead squairels,livingtrust,oceans afire and manymanymany more to list then all would take up far to much room)

mark if u want to here some of the best OREIGINAL bands to come out of ct and no holding shit(sorry pattern) is not one of then go to NewMedaiRadio.com sundays 4-6pm for i_skank radio

also along with are artist of the week you are the ASSHOLE of the week