Want a mix CD?

I have plenty of news to report, but I thought I would take a break to let you know I have made a baddddaasssss mix CD.

Want one? Take a blank CD (or your own mix -- even better!) and a stamp or two for postage, and send them to me care of The Advocate. Make sure to include a name and address so I know who to mail it to.

Dan Barry - Local Motion
c/o The Hartford Advocate
121 Wawarme Ave. 1st Floor
Hartford, CT
06114

Who's on this mix, you ask? Well, mostly national artists (although one local ex-group, First Aid Kit, does a wicked job of opening the disc, and there's a good Randy Collins track). The heaviest artists on here are Tool and Propagandhi; there's some old-school 40's jazz courtesy Gene Krupa and his orchestra, some proto-emo from Sunny Day Real Estate, and some current indie-alterna-pop from Rilo Kiley. Also, post-jazz from Tortoise, and just for good measure, some Japanese alterna-metal from the kings of the Visual Kei scene, Dir en Grey. There's a bunch more artists -- 16 tracks total -- but what fun would it be if I spoiled it all?

Get mailin' kiddies!

No comments: