My TOTALLY INADEQUATE List of Reasons Why I Haven't Updated My Blog In A While

1. Sikth is finally getting a stateside release with their new album -- and the track they're sneak-previewing from "Death of a Dead Day" is fucking SICK.

2. Anime Insider magazine has been giving me tons of assignments! It's a great little rag -- pick it up next time you're in Blockbuster.

3. I found this video for my favorite song by Animosity, and have been watching it over and over and over... San Francisco + grindcore + house party + gold teeth + sociopolitical commentary = LOVE!

4. I finally watched Lords of Dogtown, and holy shit -- I NEED to practice skating more. It wasn't an amazing movie (between Lords and Thirteen, Catherine Hardwicke is proving to have an annoying penchant for imagining California as an all-permissive Fairy Land which she seems to never have had access to. The geography of Lords in particular has the same quasi-pathetic reek as an adult who becomes a teacher at his former high school so he can finally be the "cool guy" there.), but it was pretty good -- especially in the way it portrays the three main friends fighting and splitting up. MASSIVE tension between them as they choose separate paths in life. Plus, skateboarding. I mean, fucking rad, right?

5. Rent Girl by Michelle Tea makes me want to find her and confess my undying love. The girl writes AMAZING sentences. I want to die.

6. World of Warcraft. Yup! Dorky.

7. I've been homebrewing beer. There are five gallons (!!!) of IPA fermenting in my closet right now. How hot is that?!

8. I've been ebaying shit like mad to pay for my huge tax check and recent car tune-up. Make no mistake: freelancing will pay the bills, but it ain't makin' anybody rich.

And oh, I almost forgot:

9. OkCupid -- because, god DAMN. Who do I have to fuck in order to get laid in this awful state?

More updates coming soon. Promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

zomg LFG GNOMER PST!

<3 The Smooth Hands

Dan said...

ROFLcopter! gnomer = teh suX0r. come wintergrind some furbolg when you decide to stop acting like twinks! aerdrie on greymane. W00T!