Sweet Ass Video!

Whether you know what hardcore is or not, whether you like it or not, you should check out this video. It's for a local band called Wrenchintheworks. And it's a really good introduction to both the band and hardcore in general.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RMj-79qQ8yk

EDIT: I totally fucking forgot that these guys quote me in the video. It SO looks like I'm patting my own back, which was not my intention at all.

I still get freaked out when I see people quoting me on the internet or in press brochures. Having your words published far and wide is a very weird feeling. (Said Dan to the world on his blog.)

Which probably sounds like I am complaining, but I'm not. Let me try to put it into context: to me, that quote I wrote about them was just part of a column I wrote on a Sunday night or Monday morning. If your job is writing, you generate words in such a volume that it's impossible to get really deeply, emotionally attached to each one. And then all of a sudden you see a particular quote or soundbite come back at you, and it's obviously one that someone felt strongly about, since they're including it in their press kit or whatever. It really kind of shakes you up -- it reminds you that even the lines which, to you, are just typical 9-to-5 sort of lines may have a much deeper resonance with someone else.

Or, as Uncle Ben said: "with great power comes great responsibility."

No comments: